humanity i love you because you
are perpetually putting the secret of
life in your pants and forgetting
it’s there and sitting down
and because you are
forever making poems in the lap
of death Humanity
i hate youe.e. cummings (via observando)
- white eyeliner
- a full face of illuminator, dnt be afraid to shine
- glittery nude lipgloss
- groomed eyebrows
- hair do’s ur mom would giv u in 3rd grade
- Don’t be angry at yourself when anxiety/depression flares up. It isn’t your fault and no one blames you and if they do they’re pieces of shit.
- Don’t orbit around your perceived value so much. You’re not the sum total of what you produce.
- Don’t let yourself wonder why people love you. That’s not how it works. There are not stark, individual reasons that a person can enumerate about why they love you. It’s the entire, unique combination of what and who you are.
I’m thankful for all the different ways I can eat potatoes
can we please stop romanticizing depression
it’s not crying quietly in the shower still looking perfect with just the right amount of makeup running down your cheeks, or like sitting on a park bench with the wind blowing in your hair looking mildly sad
it’s sobbing so hard you have snot and drool running down your face and you can’t breathe. it’s smelling bad and having awful hair and bad breath and dirty underwear because you haven’t been able to get up and shower for the past week. it’s gaining weight because the only thing you can think to do to make yourself feel better is eat ice cream because you like ice cream, or losing weight because everything tastes disgusting and you can’t see the point in nourishing your body. it’s sitting alone in your room surrounded by piles of dirty clothes that you haven’t had the energy to wash, and the gross dishes that are still piled up on your windowsill
nobody looks good when they’re depressed, it’s not tragically beautiful, it’s not waiting for someone to come save you because they think you’re too pretty to be sad
it’s not a fucking tumblr post on a polaroid picture, it’s dirty and messy and terrifying and ugly and real
“People want to look effortless and carefree with their clothes because it could be conflated to imply they have their shit together and don’t worry about their body. There’s no anxiety in Céline or a beautifully cut Lanvin skirt. But anxiety is part of my identity, and I like clothes that bring it out. If I have to suffer this mortal coil, you’re gonna hear about it. Everything I do is out of the anxious death drive, let’s be real.”